I am pleased to advise that I have been nominated for “The Versatile Blogger Award” by Denise at https://denise421win.wordpress.com/ . Denise is an author and lyricist whose blog speaks to children and the environment. She also writes books to help engage children in what is being and what can be done to better protect the environment. Thank you very much Denise for thinking of me for this honour.
You can read her Versatile Blogger award nomination post here: https://wordpress.com/read/blogs/53542110/posts/1728
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to celebrate bloggers who create blogs that have unique content, good writing, beautiful images or photographs.
This award (Versatile Blogger Award) is the first blogger award Denise421win has nominated me for and is my 4th different award nomination overall. A very humbling experience, to be sure as awards and recognition were never the reasons I started blogging. In truth, I almost feel like a bit of a cheapskate, because after 4 1/2 years, I am still using the free WordPress plan and this blog spot is my 5th, since I started blogging in November 2014.
My blogs have always been about my favourite pastimes, photography, travel, the great outdoors and finding my place in the retirement world. I am still surprised that others seem interested in what I have to say and thank my faithful followers from the bottom of my heart.
In order to receive the award, each nominee will have to:
- Thank the person who nominated him/her.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated him/her.
- State 7 facts about himself/herself.
- Nominate other bloggers who bring joy into their daily life (Note: There’s a different rule which asks nominees to nominate 15 more bloggers.)
Seven Facts About Myself
- I have been retired for over 4 years and due to my large number of interests outside the workaday world, the transition has been a fairly simple one. In fact, I do not know how I ever found the time to work.
- I am an avid amateur photographer, starting at the age of 12. My blog name and posts are all based on the photos I take. I love photographing wildlife and in particular birds, I find them fascinating.
- I am a proud Canadian, living in central Alberta. While I love to travel to the mountains and the ocean, I have no plans to move away from this place I consider home.
- I am a “groan” man as other punsters would say. I love the play on words and must admit, I get pretty competitive when others try to best me. Sorry, everyone. As my blogs progressed, I turned more and more to poetry and haiku to showcase my photos.
- I enjoy the great outdoors, whether it be sea coast, mountains or simply hiking in Edmonon’s beautiful river valley. It is amazing how far you can get, just by taking that first step and putting one foot in front of the other.
- I enjoy reading other bloggers’ posts and always make sure to never forget my readers in my drive to post new content. Too often, we get readers to start following and liking and then forget our faithful readers down the road. Without my readers, I would be back where I was in my first blog, which was a private one.
- My blog has no products to sell and no main message. If I had to suggest one main theme, it would be “Gratitude”. I am so grateful for my health, my family, my wife of 41+ years and the chance to get out and appreciate this world.
And these are my nominees for “The Versatile Blogger Award”
Don Viajon https://donviajon.com/