The Sunshine Blogger Award is recognition for all the bloggers who are spreading positivity and good vibes through their blogs.
I was nominated by John at carpediemeire, a blogger from Dublin, Ireland who writes about travel to great locations in Ireland and around Europe. He has written about some locations where I have traveled and many more where I would like to travel. Thank you so much for the nomination, John.
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows
- Answer the questions of the blogger who tagged me.
- Create a new list of questions
- Tag in 11 other bloggers who spread positivity through their blogs.
John put the following questions to me.
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I originally started my first blog (4 blogs ago) as a way to inform my friends and relatives of my travels through New Zealand and Australia in 2014. It became so fulfilling, I kept it up for future travels. My latest blog was based on the photos I took, whether on vacation or just in daily life, You could say my photography addiction inspired my blogging.
2. What destination in the world would you most like to return to?
This would be a three way tie between New Zealand (we have been 4 times), Japan (we have been 3 time) and Nice, France (we have been twice). They are each so different from the other, that I can not decide one way or the other.
3. Which would you rather have 1 million now or 15000 every month till you die?
A million dollars opens up a quandary of what to do with so much money in one fell swoop. I feel this would lead to disaster, both in expectations of those who know me would want to share in the windfall and in my unbridled spending on frivolous stuff. The $15,000/month would allow me to have what I need each month and donate any excess to a worthy charity.
4. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
Photo + Blog = Photoblography. I know, not very original, but, I like puns and this was as good as I could figure out.
5. What is the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
Whole perhaps not the weirdest, a certain sticky rice pancake at a dim sum after a night of late night at a wedding, was my nemesis. To say, my throat was an out of control elevator for what seemed like an eternity, but, was likely a very tough 30 seconds, would be an understatement.
6. If you got stranded on a deserted island what’s the one thing you own that you would want to have with you?
Thing – my camera
Person – my beloved
7. What is your main goal for your blog?
Evaluate the photos I take and determine how best to showcase them, either by an accompanying poem or by an informative story. My travel posts showcase places, attractions and activities. I always joke that the blog is my anti-Alzheimers device. As long as I can remember my URL…now where was I?
8. How has blogging changed your life?
It has likely made me more public, more self-deprecating, more willing to expose my inner thoughts.
9. What’s the best advice you can give to fellow bloggers?
Write your blog in your own way and in your own words, but entertain and involve your audience. Do not try to be someone you are not.
10. Has your blog taught you something about yourself that you didn’t previously know?
It taught me that I am often more emotional and spiritual than I let on to even my closest friends and family.
11. Which book, movie or song title best describes you?
the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Brother Is. It is such a positive song and I love this version.
My questions are as follows:
- What most makes your day worthwhile?
- Which person (famous or not) inspires you most and why?
- If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your favourite stress reliever?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- What advice would you give to anyone wanting to start a blog?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- Where do you find your best inspiration for your posts?
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Where was your last travel destination?
- What part of your daily routine do you hate most and why?
My nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows.
So thank you to all of those bloggers for their dedication and sharing their thoughts. Leave me a link when you have written your answers.